Similar topics

Share | 

SAO Roleplay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lionty

PostSubject: SAO Roleplay   Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:30 pm

Alright so when I do Roleplays, I actually do research.... Where is this motivation for school? xD

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online If you need to look at anything, this is my main resource at the moment...

Backstory: After the excellent reviews given by beta players, everyone has wanted a chance to play the new game Sword Art Online. The game, SAO, was just released today at 1 PM. The waiting lines are huge for this limited game. Only 10000 copies are being sold. This is the first VRMMORPG created by Kayaba Akihiko. In this game, players visit the world of Aincraid and try to get through the 100 floors to defeat the game. Along the way, players have the chance to learn many skills, complete quests, and make their name known throughout the game. Players can form communities within the game known as guilds to help each other out.

Differences: In this world, there is no Black Swordsman... so it's up to us to complete this game. Secondary weapons will be allowed, such as boomerangs, spears, darts, small hatchets, daggers and chakrams. Another battle mechanic I have decided to implement is special abilities. Anyone can have 2 swords if they want as well, cuz i dont wanna get into only one person having one xD
I have decided to give every player 2 Ultras and an Ultimate.
These things can be like comboes, an attack infused with some sort of attribute, a slash with lots of power, almost anything as long as it is somewhat reasonable. This will cost energy, Ultras being more spammable than an Ultimate. An Ultimate will leave you defenseless for a while after using it, so you better hope you have someone with you.
Levels will not be a huge thing after the first floor. They will be pretty much invisible because I wouldn't know how to dide the levels among the floors. It will not be balanced if everyone's level was all over the place.

I think I've touched just about every part of this now.

Introductions:

Name: Ryan Greson  (I need a new anme eventually)
Player Name: HellBlazer
Style: Single Sword with Super Durable Left Wrist armor for blocking
Secondary Weapon: Dagger
1st Ultra: Twin Slash
2nd Ultra: Not Unlocked
Ultimate: Not Unlocked
Current Appearance: No armor, Long sleeve black shirt with purple lines on the sides, black pants with silver embedding. A sheathed rapier strapped unto his side. A small bag covering his back pants pocket concealing his dagger. About 5'5" with short spiky black hair with green eyes.
Background: Ryan had never been into games his entire life. He spent most of his time practicing kendo by himself from replays of his long deceased father. Eventually Ryan gave up after not getting it right. When he heard of the new game SAO, he felt that he had to try it out because he thought he could put his terrible kendo skills to work there. He was lucky enough to get one of the 10000 copies.

"Alrightee then... how do I hook this thing up," Ryan asked himself as he was looking at the instruction manual. He had spent all morning trying to hook up his NerveGear and game. He looked over the phone.

"... Alright I think I got it working, thanks for the help." Ryan hung up the phone. He looked over at the clock, it was 12:50. The servers were about to be launched worldwide. Ryan laid down on his bed and put on the NerveGear and turned it on. Suddenly everything went black and then some instructions came up. After a while, Ryan finally reached the character customization screen. He tried to make it look as differently as possible from his real self. Then suddenly Ryan woke up in a new land with large green plains, a blue open sky and dozens of other people walking around everywhere.

"So what do I even do now?" asked Ryan looking himself over. He felt weird being outside of his real body. "How do I even play? Well I remember I can look at my abilities and stuff on the Main Menu. Ugh this looks confusing..."

Ryan just stared at everything at once and tried to make sense of it.

Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 am

Before we begin, I'll answer your question. Yes. I AM basing this on Deadpool.

Name: Wade Wilson
Player Name: Slicer
Style: Double Katana.
Secondary Weapon: None
1st Ultra: Spin Slice
Current Appearance: No armor, Long sleeve red shirt with one black X across his chest. Red pants with one black line on each thigh. Two Katana holders on his back shaped like an X. A black belt with a wide variety of pockets for item storage. About 5'11" with short spiky blonde hair with blue eyes.

Background: Wade was a comic fan. He loved all the comics but the one he felt most connected with was Deadpool, due to them sharing the same name. He lived in Japan, where he used to go to a dojo. When he heard of SAO, he realized he could actually play the hero he always wanted to be. Due to his avid fandom to comics, it wasn't difficult for him to figure out how to get his hands on one of the copies of the game.

Wade's brother was a tech-wiz who helped him set up the NerveGear and prepared him for the game. "Hope you enjoy it, bud. At least you'll leave me and those comics alone for a while. You read them so much, you'll go nuts some day!" He said as he gave him the ready NerveGear.

"Yeah, whatever. I know this will be the best thing ever!!" Wade responded as he laid down on his bed and put the NerveGear on his head. He followed the instructions, chose his outfit and shortly after, he landed on a plain field filled with people.

"Ok... Now what?"

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:12 am

(not gonna wait forever for lavaman to post xD so ill continue it and eventually lavaman will post Basketball )

Ryan looked at the Battle Mechanics of the game: "Thrust, Slash, Pierce, and Blunt... that ain't hard now..."
Ryan kept scrolling down at the basic combos given to him that were easy for beginners. "This is way too hard for me, I'll stay to the basics for now."
Ryan wandered a bit farther in the plains until he saw a single wild boar. Ryan unsheathed his sword, Chimerach, and got ready to try out how effective his attack would be. He lunged at the boar before it even saw him coming and hit him directly with the sword which just easily bounced off. The boar turned around annoyed and glared at Ryan.

"Shit, what did I do wrong?" The boar tackled Ryan back taking a small percentage of his health with him. The bull began to charge at Ryan. "Shit, shit shit..."

Ryan tried to crawl away hoping it would leave him alone.

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:00 pm

Name: Childeric Took-Took
Player Name: xXxSassyBlackWomanxXx Erlkönig
Weapon: One-handed broadsword
Secondary Weapon: 5 throwing daggers
1st Ultra: The One Ring. (One ring to rule them all, one ring to fin- It makes me invisible.)
2nd Ultra: None of your business.
Ultimate: ^
In-Game Appearance: Curly black hair, brown travelling clothes and a green camo cape. He is 1.13 m 3 Byron ft and 8 Byron inches tall, has acid green eyes and a hobbit-like face. Bruh. He also has hairy feet.

Having bought a NerveGear at the black market, Childeric went back to his room, enveloped in darkness.
"Let's have some fun." he said in a German accent.
He logged on and was greeted by a simple panel that explained how the game works and how to create a character. Following the instructions he managed to create a reasonable character that he could sneak around with. He checked the skills available to him at his current level, and noticed that he only had access to three: sneak attack (high crit if the enemy can't see me), powerful sword attack that causes heavy bleeding and a dagger throw (high crit if hits a wound). He also had a couple of passive skills available, such as being fast as a bitch (that's literally what it said), being sneaky and having good reflexes.

Exploring the game, he came across a player carrying a staff. He was standing in front of a boar whom he had just killed. Two other people were standing around, but they did not look as interesting.
Just as Erlkönig was about to say something, the sorcerer disappeared and a red text saying "BANNED" appeared instead.

"GANDALF!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Erlkönig screamed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Didkimo
Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:00 pm

Wade took a look at the basic skills, "Oh my God, this is so damn easy. Gimme more heavy combos!!!" he said to no one in particular, walking towards a group of people that were standing there. Just as he looked up, someone disappeared and a red text saying "BANNED" appeared instead.

"Already?? It hasn't been 5 minutes and someone is already banned? This is so AWESOME!!" he said to the nearest person, who looked kind of like, well, a hobbit. You know, those from The Lord of the Rings.

"Wonder what he did to get his sad ass banned."

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:20 am

(Your guys posts contradict each other so I will contradict you both and avoid kimos union of the three players xD)

Ryan gets up and dusts himself off after being saved by the player that got instabanned. He turned around and began walking towards another area while looking at the guide again.

"Oooh so you gotta charge up the attack instead of just uselessly throwing your sword around... makes sense."

Another boar rushed it at while getting ready for his attacked. His sword gleamed red than slashed straight through his target making it disappear.

"Much better..."

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:53 am

Name: Aj niharu
Player Name: Ayejayizdope
Style: zangan-Ryu martial artist( knuckles)
Secondary Weapon: Kunai knives
1st Ultra: 12 hit combo (still thinking of a name)
Current Appearance: little bulky but yet average body 5"6 short hair

At the temple of sangan-Ryu a boy named Aj was born and raised..(don't feel like talking about the temple) ... At the age of 18 master Shen and master Ryu told AJ niharu to go out and discover the world on his own and come back when he has fullfilled his destiny ...

A few weeks later Aj arrived to Tokyo.. He was completely lost.. He then found a group of people lining up. He wanted to see what's with all the commotion and etc.. At least it was a scene where you get a free nervegear only if you can beat up this certain gang. So aj stood in line and as he gets called next there was a big fearsome dude and few of his henchmen.. He then puts his bag down and posed in a some sort of fighting style aj made a few of them cry for Athena our goodness .. Thus running off the few bench me that were standing there except for this big guy. Ah has to defeat that guy to win his earnings and the free nerve gear.. And so he did manages to defeat the guy an relieved his rewards.. Then aj found a nice place set up his nerve gear and out of curiosity he wonders how and what is it and how does it work he followed the instructions the information that was given... (He puts on the nerve gear)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Erlkönig
God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:56 pm

Childeric ignored the clown and chased the one who had fallen to the ground earlier.

"HEY YOU! YOU SUCK!" he screamed while running towards him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Didkimo
Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:03 pm

"Me, ignored?? That's impossibru!! Waaait!!" Wade shouted and went after the hobbit. "Don't go! I want to know why you look like a hobbit!!"

"HEY YOU! YOU SUCK!" The hobbit said as they ran after the kid, who slayed another boar as he ran.

"Ooh, nice one. Wonder if I can do that too. Glowing sword is awesome!" Wade said as they almost caught up to the kid. "Wait! We just wanna talk!!"

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:09 pm

"Yes! We just want to talk, nothing else!" said the two players with creepy faces.
They were breathing loudly and drooling as they reached Ryan.
At the last minute, the hobbit dodged out of the way and charged at a nearby boar that he killed with three swift sword strikes.

He then proceeded to twerk run forward again, towards a different player.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lionty

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Ryan saw the hobbit run off towards different players and turned to face the player with a huge resemblace to Deadpool.

"Hi, uhh what's your name..." asked Ryan. Trying to look at the player's status but had no luck finding it. "I'm HellBlazer..."

Ryan sheathed his sword.

Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:29 pm

"My name is Slicer! Get it? Slice 'n Dice?" Wade said, pulling out one of his katanas and swinging it like crazy. "How did you get the sword to shine like that?!? Shomme, shomme!!"

Another boar appeared close to them and sniffed around, noticing them.

"Woot, something to kill!" Wade said as he closed in on the boar.

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:07 pm

"Hey man. What are you up to?" Erlkönig struck up a conversation with the stranger.
The player ignored the stupid question and continued aiming his crossbow at an unsuspecting boar.

"That's an interesting weapon. Are you trying to kill the boar?" he insisted, keeping uncomfortably close to the player.
"Armulus huh. That's a terrible name." continued Erlkönig while checking the other player's profile.

Annoyed and now unfocused, Armulus let loose an arrow and, naturally, he missed.
At that exact moment Erlkönig ran fast as a bitch towards the boar and stabbed it between the eyes.
"KILL STEAL!" he screamed while running onwards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lionty

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 pm

"Well it tells you in the guidebook we have..." Ryan was replying as a light started to bubble around him."What's going on..."

A clock started to gong off in the distance and then Ryan was suddenly teleported to the Main Square along with every other player in the game. The square was full of commotion. A giant figure appeared overhead in the sky.

"Playersss... "started the voice. "Welcome to my world. My name is Kayaba Akihiko. I am currently the one and only person who can control this world. I'm sure that you have already noticed that the logout button on the main menu has been removed."

Right away, Ryan looked through his menu to see that there was no log out button. "Waaaiiit what, I don't want to be stuck here forever!"

"However, this by no means is a mistake. It is not a mistake, but a feature of the true Sword Art Online. You are all unable to log out of SAO and nobody in the real world can remove the NerveGear or interrupt its operations. Should it be attempted a powerful burst of microwave radiation emitted from a transmitter in the NerveGear will destroy your brain, thus ending your life. Unfortuneately, it is certainly possible that a player's family or friends will ignore this warning and attempt to forcibly remove the Nervegear. As proof of this 213 players have already retired from this world and the real one. As you can see, news of my warning and the numerous victims are being spread worldwide. Thus, it should be safe to say that the danger of removal attempts has become minimal. I hope you will be at ease and focus on completing the game. But I'd like you to keep this in mind. But I'd like you to keep this in mind. From this point on, all methods of revival in the game will no longer function. If your HP hits zero , your avatar will perish from eternity, and at that moment the NerveGear will destroy your brain."

"Is that even possible..." Ryan asked himself.

"There is only one condition you must meet to be set free: the completion of this game. If you conquer a floor's dungeon and defeat the Floor Boss, you may continue up to the next one.Assuming you manage to defeat the final boss on the 100th floor, the game will be considered cleared. And lastly, I've prepared a present for all of you in your item storages. Take a look."

Ryan looked for inventory which had a mirror stored in it. Ryan took the mirror out of his inventory. "What's this for? Knowing how good we look all game?"

Suddenly a huge light flashed throughout the entire arena. Suddenly, everyone's appearance had changed from their avatar to someone different. Ryan looked at the mirror and saw it was his IRL appearance.

"Right now, you're probably wondering "Why?"
Why would Kayaba Akihiko, developer of Sword Art Online and the NerveGear, do all this? My goal has already been achieved. I created Sword Art Online for one reason... To create this world and intervene in it. And now, it is complete. This ends the tutorial for the official Sword Art Online launch.Good luck, players."

The huge silhouette in the sky disappeared.

"Wait so we actually have to beat this game to get out." Ryan looked over at the player that was appeared with him earlier. He had the same gear on but just had a different appearance. "What do you think about this?"

Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:48 pm

"Well, my opinion is split. Sucks that we can't log out and well, die. But it's awesome we HAVE to clear the game." Wade said, with a bit of a worried look on his face.

"What's your opinion on this? And what do you think your family will about this?"

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:55 pm

Having heard all this, Childeric looked at himself and realized he reverted back to his original tall stature. His hair has turned dark brown and unkempt. His eyes, now with an additional mischievous glint in them, have become darker and his face heavily featured and weather-beaten.

"Tch. Now I can't be a hobbit, how annoying." he said while looking in the mirror.
"What's more... This is no longer a game. Good thing the boars were easy to kill." he muttered to himself optimistically.

Looking around himself, he found Deadpool and Ryan the stock character nearby, which prompted him to walk towards them.

"Hello friends. Enjoying the game?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lionty

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:04 pm

Ryan saw a player approach him and Slicer. He looked at his player name on his status, Erokinig.

"Well other than what we learned... we're still alive I guess that's all that matters."

Ryan looked around, there were some players that instantly ran out.

"Where do you think they are going?" Ryan asked the other two. "They seem to know what to do next."

Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:29 pm

"I heard there were some beta testers?" Wade wondered, scraping his chin with the top of his sword.

"Maybe they know where to go next. I know! Let's torture them into telling us what to do now"

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:39 pm

"That's a brilliant idea! Can't you just imagine the hilarious squeals that they will emit?" Erlkönig replied energetically.
He then smiled mischievously and looked at Ryan to see his response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lionty

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:37 am

Ryan backed off slowly as he stared at both players.

"Maybe we can just try to catch up to them and ask nicely..." Ryan suggested. "I mean we have to work together to get through this game."

Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:42 am

"Less fun, but works nonetheless. In case they don't talk, then we will start slicin', won't we, Loki?" Wade said, looking at the dude who looked like Loki with wardrobe issues.

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:07 am

Putting on his grey hood to cover his face, he nodded at Ryan's suggestion and then looked at the crazy guy.
"Who the hell is Loki?" he asked.
"Also, I am Erlkönig. And no, you are saying it wrong. You must be American." he said, facing Ryan again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lionty

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:21 am

"So umm which one do we follow?" Ryan looked around and started towards the darkest alley. "This is our best bet since it looks easier to not be noticed when someone slips out."

Ryan started charging towards the alley before more people would begin running out to get ahead.

I hope this beta player can help us out, well I hope any beta playercan.

God of Design

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:56 pm

"Not sure if his parents never told him to not go into dark alleyes, or if he just WANTS to get killed. What do you think, stranger?" he asks, looking at whatever his name is (too lazy to check).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Didkimo
Founder

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:37 pm

"I is no stranger. I is Slicer!! And yeah, let's go. Let's see what he knows." Wade replied and started heading towards the dark alley. "Let's go people! We have some people to hunt."

PostSubject: Re: SAO Roleplay   

Back to top Go down

SAO Roleplay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next